Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Working it! Day #1

As you saw in my last post, I vowed to find more time to take care of myself and workout. I wasn't exactly sure how that was going to pan out or what it would look like, but when I said it I meant it. I knew if I wanted to start I needed to find a regimen that would fit into my hectic days at home and still push me physically. I was looking around online and I came across a Pinterest pin that took me to a site called Bikini Body Mommy.

(I just had to pause on this post for nearly 2 hours due to the crabby 'I-just-started-teething' baby)

I cannot say enough good things about this program. Briana, the woman who started it all, has had three children and has gone through this program before and lost 100lbs. She does the workouts along with you - your Day #1 is her Day #1 too! You are able to see her change with you and struggle the same way you do. Which, to me, that is a huge bonus. I never liked seeing someone who has a perfect body, someone who obviously never had a child, workout in front of me, smiling and able to talk while I'm dripping sweat and feel like I'm going to die. No thanks. All of her videos are posted for FREE on YouTube, no paying $100+ for a program, and they are short, compact workouts that will fit into your schedule while still leaving you feeling sore in the right way.

Today was MY Day #1 and I feel fabulous! Today's workout was only 8 minutes long (thank goodness because I was SO out of breath and could hardly lift my legs) and I got it done during my 3 month old's TINY morning nap. I made sure to do the warm-up and cool-down as well, so that added just a few extra minutes of time - but it's completely worth it!

I honestly cannot wait for tomorrow! I'm not going for a perfect super model body, I just want to be the best me. To be healthy, look good, feel great and be comfortable in my skin again. Not a bikini body, but the mommy version of a bikini body.

1 day down, 89 more to go!

Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment