Thursday, November 21, 2013

I did a thing.

Yesterday, I went from this:

To this:


I just have to tell you, cutting all your hair off is crazy liberating! My hair is now pixie short in back, with longer bangs. I even got some bleached out highlights in my bangs, which I love! My red is natural, so I haven't ever had highlights before. I feel amazing.

I was so worried I'd look weird with short hair. But once it was cut, not only did I feel spectacular, I realized that it doesn't matter what other people think. How liberating. It's no secret that I've been struggling with postpartum depression, but many people don't know that the worst of it has been a constant inner monologue that tells me that no one loves me, that I am worthless, that everyone is judging me as "less than". Do I think my haircut cured me? No. But I think it helped disrupt some of the darkness. 

I feel amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment