Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Love.

I'm going to introduce you all to the love of my life, my fiance, Pete.

This man changed my life. I was wandering through the world after many, many mistakes and false starts, wondering when I would gain the life that I was yearning for...the life that was meant for me. I wanted cookouts and family gatherings, trips to the zoo and football games, mornings at church and afternoons at the park, evenings filled with kisses and wine and early mornings with kids in the bed and coffee on the nightstand; I wanted a family. I got to the point where I was asking, out loud, to God, "Where is my husband?!" I nearly demanded an answer, questioning why my girls and I were left to fend for ourselves when I knew with every fiber of my being, that there WAS someone, one man out there, destined for us. Then, not even two weeks after my demand, I went to a 911 Memorial BBQ out of town with some close friends, and there was this guy.... Standing under the pavilion, after doing my 6 hour kitchen duty for the day, speaking with some girl friends, I look up and see a guy in black riding boots, jeans, sweat shirt, a leather vest, black bandana and sunglasses. The only words I could mutter were, "Who. Is. He?" Because come on, this man is beautiful.
And I knew. I knew that he was my answer. Don't get me wrong, I questioned this at first, not knowing exactly what he would wind up being in my life, I tried to prepare myself to not have it turn into anything. Fast forward a mere 10 days later and there I was in Taco Bell, telling Rita, "I'm going to marry this man."

Pete and I are now engaged (we've been planning our wedding since before we were even officially a couple) and have been since February of this year, 2013 - we have a beautiful baby girl, that we share due to genetics, and two others we share due to love.

This man, he is my everything. Yes, he is no where near 'perfect', but he is the perfect man for me, the perfect father for my children, the perfect addition to my entire family. I could talk about him for hours.....his beauty, his love for me, his love for our girls, his devotion to our family, his sense of humor, his gorgeous eyes, his ass....... ;) But I'll spare you.

This man, this man is mine.
And you will be hearing a lot about him.




No comments:

Post a Comment